Havelock Island, officially known as SwarajDweep is a part of Andaman & Nicobar Islands in India. Synonym to Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Havelock is a prominent island situated nearly 39 kms away from Port Blair-the capital city. Breath of fresh air soothing sights all around instantly cheers up anyone.
Here, one can sit and enjoy beautiful natural views for hours, kids can spend their day playing in the white sand around the water while, the young at heart can indulge in different types of water-based activities like scuba & snorkelling. With such array of activities and diversity, Havelock is liked by people of all age groups & different interests.
How to Reach Havelock Island
Veer Savarkar International Airport (also known as Port Blair Airport) is an international airport situated in Port Blair, capital of Andaman & Nicobar Islands. It is well connected with flights to the cities of Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, and Bangalore.
After reaching Port Blair, sea-route is the best option to reach any of the islands, including Havelock. It takes around 2 hours to reach here from Port Blair.
Ferries are run by both – Private operators and Government. For a hassle- and stress-free experience one should consider bookings with Private operators.
- Government Ferry – It is the most economical and oldest ferry connecting islands of Andaman & Nicobar. Though seats won’t be comfortable as compared to private ferries. However, onboard one can get the chance to explore Captain’s corner, hop on the deck for beautiful views of the vast sea and can gaze the far-fetched skyline.
- The points to remember for booking seats include-
- One can book seats not prior 3-4 days of the trip.
- It is majorly restricted only to Indian Nationals.
- Foreign Nationals need to be physically present along with Restricted Area Permit, while booking tickets.
- Private Ferry Operators – There are couple of private ferry operators from Port Blair to Havelock Island-
- M.V. Makaruzz
- Coastal Cruise
- Green Ocean
The ride is comfortable as compared to Government Ferry. Charges may vary depending upon the seat type and operator you travel with.