From 3rd August 2021 Tourism activities re-open in Andaman & Nicobar Islands. In view of the steady decline in cases of COVID-19 in Andaman Nicobar Islands an order has been issued by the Director of Tourism Department today regarding reopening of all Tourism activities in South Andaman and North Middle Andaman District from today.
The tourists are allowed to visit Baratang/North & Middle Andaman subject to compulsory RAT testing for Andaman Trunk Road commuters which will be carried out at Forest check post on the spot / same day on payment of applicable charges
General Guidelines defined for traveling to Andaman Islands during COVID :
What are the guidelines for testing for tourists coming to Andaman after August 03 2021?
On arrival at Port Blair :
1. The tourists need to carry COVID-19 negative test report from mainland based 1CMR approved lab using Reverse Transcriptase-Polymerase Chain Reaction (RTPCR). However, the sample for RTPCR test should have been taken within 48 hours prior to starting the journey from the origin station. (For e.g. if the tourist takes a flight from Delhi at 0600 hrs. on 1st September, 2021, the sample for RTPCR test should have been taken not before 0600 hrs. on 30th August, 2021).
2. The tourists/visitors on arrival at Port Blair airport have to undergo mandatory Covid-19 screening with RTPCR test free of cost. Thereafter the tourists/visitors are allowed to move to their respective hotels. However, they will have to be under quarantine at Port Blair in their hotel rooms until the result of RTPCR tests are received. In case of RTPCR positive test results, the tourists/visitors shall remain in
institutional quarantine in hotels notified by the Hoteliers Association in consent with the A&N Administration, on rates as specified or to the designated hospital/ Covid-19 care centre on case-to-case basis.
3. Tourists may also have to undergo random Rapid Antigen Test conducted from time to time on payment basis as prescribed by A8N Administration.
What if the tourists test positive after arriving at the Andaman Islands?
If the tourists tests positive during their stay in the Islands, he/she will need to undergo institutional isolation as per existing health protocols. The
cost of such isolation for govt. facility will be paid by the tourists as fixed by the administration from time to time.
If the patient wants to stay at hotels, he/she can stay in the hotels if all the conditions below are met:
a) Patients are not symptomatic and not more than 60 years old.
b) Request/ undertaking is made by patient in writing.
c)lf allowed by doctors.
Hotels will make necessary arrangements to designate a part of their rooms for institutional isolation for this purpose.
A visual splendour, Mayabunder island is a heaven on earth for those looking to embark on a unique beach soaked and cultural experience. Consisting of a combination of lush forest along with pristine beaches, Mayabunder island is apt for those travellers looking to tickle their offbeat travel itch.
This small but significant tehsil is expanded over a land area of 37.69 acres and is located in the Northern part of the Middle Andamans. At a distance of around 240 kilometres from Port Blair, it lies right in the middle of Diglipur and Rangat.
Made up of numerous scarcely populated villages, Mayabunder houses people from the Burmese Karen tribes that were brought in by the British.
Mayabunder Island is a way-station for exotic tourist spots such as beaches with crystal clear waters and lavish sand, a turtle nesting ground, a German jetty and tidal creeks bordered on all sides with aroma infused Mangroves. Eco-friendly, a trip to Mayabunder Island is sure to steer you closer to an organic natural life which is not as tech-friendly but tranquil and soothing, to say the least.
Being an island, Mayabunder enjoys tropical weather, making it a popular beach destination. Despite being an all-year-round destination, the most favourable time to visit Mayabunder island is from November to May. It is around this time that the weather stays pleasant and water-sports, island hopping, diving and various other activities are enjoyable.
It comprises of three seasons, each of which has its own pros and cons. The temperature in Mayabunder island is mentioned below;
* Summer (April – June) – Temperature 24°c – 36°c
* Monsoon ( July – September) – Temperature 23°c – 35°c * Winter ( October – March) – Temperature 20°c – 30°c
Reaching Mayabunder island is not challenging once you get to Port Blair – the capital city of Andaman & Nicobar Islands. Veer Savarkar international airport is in the city. It has excellent connections to and from every major city within India. You can only reach Port Blair via air or water as there are no road connections mapped out as of now.
Travelling to Mayabunder island from Port Blair is relatively easy, and people have options to choose from depending on their time and budget. Some ways you can make this trip are as follows;
* Via Road – Several private and government-run buses leave at scheduled times from 4 am – 11 am. The journey takes around 9-10 hours and routes through the Andaman Trunk road. Private taxis with a local driver are also a good option for those who are pressed for time and have a slightly generous budget.
* Via Water – A popular mode of transport for this route, ferries run from Phoenix Bay jetty to Mayabunder port regularly. They are scheduled bi-weekly and have a specific time-table. The best way is to check in advance on the times and days that they run.
*Via Air – A beautiful and scenic journey, you can take to the skies on a private helicopter service that flies across the islands of the popular archipelago regularly. In addition to Mayabunder, this service also takes people to Neil island, Havelock and Diglipur in addition to a few more.
A holiday is supposed to help reduce stress, bring happiness and create lifelong memories. This is only possible when the type of accommodation you choose is up to the mark. A comfortable and good hotel will ensure that your stay is beyond comfortable if not luxurious. Some of the perks of staying at a good hotel when on holiday in Mayabunder include;
* Impeccable hospitality
* Multi-cuisine restaurants
* Swimming pool
* Spa and Salon
* State of the art deluxe and double deluxe suites
* Large and comfortable beds with state-of-the-art linens
* 24/7 room service
* Prompt housekeeping
* Good quality amenities in the rooms like soaps, shampoos, hairdryers, brushing kits, kettle, air-conditioning, etc.
One of the best hotels at Mayabunder Island is the Blue Bird Resort.
Modern furnished rooms with trendy décor and spotless linen, this resort aim to give its guests value for their money. Hassle-free for patrons, you are expected to be treated no less than royalty with the top-notch amenities and facilities the resort has to offer. The Blue bird resort at Mayabunder island is one of the most popular among tourists due to its endearing characteristics.
Conveniently located at a distance of around 2 kilometres from Mayabunder jetty, you can expect to get there within 10 minutes on departure. Also situated in a comfortable location, guests can easily take public transport to explore Mayabunder island. Run by the famous OYO hospitality brand, you can expect a certain standard from this hotel. It’s address is Mayabunder, Port-Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744204.
No hotel is complete without offering competent tariff rates. Blue bird resort at Mayabunder island is not only luxurious but also affordable. Depending on what time of the year you are visiting, the tariff ranges from Rs. 2866 – Rs. 4853 per night.
Booking rooms at Blue bird resort in Mayabunder is extremely easy. Since it is under the wing of OYO rooms, you can just visit the website www.oyorooms.com and book your rooms for preferred dates. Other e-commerce platforms, such as www.makemytrip.com as well as www.yatra.com. All of these websites comprise an extremely user-friendly interface and are safe and secure for transactions. Alternatively, you can directly call the resort and get a reservation. Often, you can get good discounts depending on the offer at the time, so it is advised that you check a few websites and compare prices.
Glass Bottom Boat Ride Explore the mysteries of underwater with the Glass bottom boat rides in ...
Game Fishing or sport fishing is a term given to recreational fishing for leisure and adventure. ...
Abound with tranquil environments, tantalizing food, sun-drenched shores, and energizing ...
Jet Skiing Feel in control as you zip in your high-motored jet ski as your cruise through the ...
The sooner you paddle, the better you explore. Kayaking is one such experience that can give you ...
Make memories that last a lifetime with Andaman. Book luxury Andaman tour packages & enjoy a ...