From 3rd August 2021 Tourism activities re-open in Andaman & Nicobar Islands. In view of the steady decline in cases of COVID-19 in Andaman Nicobar Islands an order has been issued by the Director of Tourism Department today regarding reopening of all Tourism activities in South Andaman and North Middle Andaman District from today.
The tourists are allowed to visit Baratang/North & Middle Andaman subject to compulsory RAT testing for Andaman Trunk Road commuters which will be carried out at Forest check post on the spot / same day on payment of applicable charges
General Guidelines defined for traveling to Andaman Islands during COVID :
What are the guidelines for testing for tourists coming to Andaman after August 03 2021?
On arrival at Port Blair :
1. The tourists need to carry COVID-19 negative test report from mainland based 1CMR approved lab using Reverse Transcriptase-Polymerase Chain Reaction (RTPCR). However, the sample for RTPCR test should have been taken within 48 hours prior to starting the journey from the origin station. (For e.g. if the tourist takes a flight from Delhi at 0600 hrs. on 1st September, 2021, the sample for RTPCR test should have been taken not before 0600 hrs. on 30th August, 2021).
2. The tourists/visitors on arrival at Port Blair airport have to undergo mandatory Covid-19 screening with RTPCR test free of cost. Thereafter the tourists/visitors are allowed to move to their respective hotels. However, they will have to be under quarantine at Port Blair in their hotel rooms until the result of RTPCR tests are received. In case of RTPCR positive test results, the tourists/visitors shall remain in
institutional quarantine in hotels notified by the Hoteliers Association in consent with the A&N Administration, on rates as specified or to the designated hospital/ Covid-19 care centre on case-to-case basis.
3. Tourists may also have to undergo random Rapid Antigen Test conducted from time to time on payment basis as prescribed by A8N Administration.
What if the tourists test positive after arriving at the Andaman Islands?
If the tourists tests positive during their stay in the Islands, he/she will need to undergo institutional isolation as per existing health protocols. The
cost of such isolation for govt. facility will be paid by the tourists as fixed by the administration from time to time.
If the patient wants to stay at hotels, he/she can stay in the hotels if all the conditions below are met:
a) Patients are not symptomatic and not more than 60 years old.
b) Request/ undertaking is made by patient in writing.
c)lf allowed by doctors.
Hotels will make necessary arrangements to designate a part of their rooms for institutional isolation for this purpose.
Every avid traveller has a penchant for visiting offbeat and uncommercial destinations to check off their bucketlist. Luckily for them, one such place is Mayabunder island, a small tehsil tucked away in the Northern part of Middle Andamans. With mangrove dotted beach shores and crystal clear water tides, Mayabunder island is a must-visit destination for anyone with a penchant for unique experiences.
Expanded over a modest land area of around 38 acres, Mayabunder island is at a distance of approximately 240 km from Port Blair. The capital city of Andaman & Nicobar is a popular junction of entry and exit for everyone visiting the islands. Geographically, Mayabunder lies between Rangat and Diglipur and has various points of access to and from it.
MayabunderIsland is an eco-friendly town, made up of scarcely populated villages which house people from the Burmese tribes, making it one of the most diverse and quaint destinations.
Ranging from pristine beaches, a lush forest terrain to cultural spots, sightseeing in Mayabunder island is spectacular. Interview island, Karmatang beach and Avis island are great for indulging in adrenalin pumping water sports whereas India’s only nesting ground for turtles is also stationed there.
The island enjoys a tropical climate is considered a perennial destination for holiday-goers.
A sightseeing tour of Mayabunder island is bound to leave you awestruck, no matter what season you choose to visit. Late October to early May is considered the best time to visit Mayabunder island since it falls in the winter season. It is the most favorable time for island hopping tours, adventure water sports, trekking, diving, and numerous other activities.
MayabunderIsland typically has three seasons, each of which has endearing characteristics. A season-wise temperature in MayabunderIsland is mentioned below so you can decide which one lies within your comfort zone.
* Summer – Ranges from April – June with temperatures soaring between 24°C- 36°C
* Monsoon – Overall pleasant and best visited from July – September with temperatures fluctuating from 23°C – 35°C
* Winter – Most favourable time to visit with tourists flocking in from October – March and enjoying 20°C – 30°C temperatures
With numerous access points that start from Port Blair, how to reach Mayabunder island should not be an issue. With some time, budget, and the will to engage in a unique sterling experience, you can reach Mayabunder quite conveniently from the capital city of the Andaman & Nicobar Islands. Once you make your way to Port Blair, there are various ways to can reach Mayabunder Island.
From Port Blair to Mayabunder, there are different modes of transport that you can choose to take depending on your comfort. You can follow the below-mentioned options:
By Air – For the adventurous hearted, there is a private helicopter service that flies over various islands of Andaman & Nicobar Islands. Taking in a bird’s eye view of these glorious islands is an experience in itself.
In addition to Mayabunder, this service also transports passengers to other famous islands such as Neil island, Havelock, and Diglipur along with a few more as well.
By Water – Ferry services regularly cruise from the Phoenix Bay jetty to Mayabunder port. This facility runs twice a week, namely on Mondays and Fridays, but it is best to check in advance as these services are frequently subject to change. This is the most preferred way to get from Port Blair to Mayabunder.
By Road – A bumpy but scenic road trip from Port Blair to Mayabunder is also a popular way to cover this route. Both private and government-run buses operate on this journey via the famous Andaman Trunk road. Buses operate from 4am – 11am and take 9-10 hours. Private taxis with local drivers are also available for hire.
It is no secret that when people choose to go on holiday, they want to leave their stresses and issues behind at home. When on vacation, one of the main stress-buster is to stayat a good hotel where you are spoilt silly with various offerings and courteous staff. There are multiple hotels and resorts at Mayabunder island, of which hotel Aashna is one of the best. Some of the amenities it offers its guest include:
* Polite Hospitality – All the bilingual staff, ranging from the reception to the housekeeping employees, are trained to cater to all your needs with a smile on their face. The customer is always right, and you will never have to worry about anything when staying there.
* Cutting-Edge Amenities – The hotel offers all amenities such as a 24/7 front desk, daily housekeeping, laundry facilities, delicious food, and free parking, among others. Complimentary toiletries and en-suite suites add to its charm.
* Ultra comfortable Accommodations – The rooms are tastefully designed with ultra-smooth linens to ensure you get a good night’s beauty sleep. You have the option to choose from various accommodation options as well.
Hotel Aashna at Mayabunder island is hand-picked by travellers and comes with rave reviews. It has all the attributes mentioned above in addition to other appealing facilities. Despite it not having lifts on the premises, the hotel does cater to people with special needs if informed in advance. The twin and double suites are quirkily designed with glamorous artifacts that further adds to the spruce.
A quick 11 minutes drive can cover the approximately 5 km distance from Mayabunder jetty to Hotel Aashna. It is conveniently located with accessibility to public transport, which will allow you to take scenic sightseeing tours of Mayabunder island with ease. Run by OYO, you are expected a certain standard of convenience and comfort in terms of accessibility as well as location.
A reasonable tariff rate warrants a good overall hotel experience. Providing different types of accommodations with frills on a medium budget is the most opted kind of hotel travellers choose. Starting at a low price of Rs. 1350 per night, hotel Aashna in Mayabunder island is very budget-friendly.
How to book:
With numerous e-commerce portals to book from, you can even get a better deal when clocked in during a special offer or discount.
Glass Bottom Boat Ride Explore the mysteries of underwater with the Glass bottom boat rides in ...
Game Fishing or sport fishing is a term given to recreational fishing for leisure and adventure. ...
Abound with tranquil environments, tantalizing food, sun-drenched shores, and energizing ...
Jet Skiing Feel in control as you zip in your high-motored jet ski as your cruise through the ...
The sooner you paddle, the better you explore. Kayaking is one such experience that can give you ...
Make memories that last a lifetime with Andaman. Book luxury Andaman tour packages & enjoy a ...