Game Fishing or sport fishing is a term given to recreational fishing for leisure and adventure. The anglers love to chase fish for the sheer thrill of the sport and love for the fish. The sport involves catch and releases practise aimed at building awareness and conversation of fish species. It also provides an opportunity for anglers to learn about fishing which is a very adventurous and competitive sport involving various skills but also to learn about various species and the importance of their conversation.
The Andaman Islands have remained relatively untouched until not so very recent times. With very limited commercial fishing in these vast expanses of the sea in all corners and fishing activity restricted in reefs, many unexplored and untouched fishing spots have allowed a wide variety of fishes to grow big. If you get a chance to try your hand in angling, keep an eye out for all the variety of big and small fishes from reef, creek and the open sea.
Types of Fishes found in Andamans
- Blue Marlin
- Black Marlin
- Dogtooth Tuna
- Yellowfin Tuna
- 1. The Game Fishing trip requires a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 8 persons to board the adventure. The average price is close to 9900 rupees per person. The fishing permit fees for Indian guests 500 rupees and 2900 rupees for foreigners.
- You must leave at 8 am in the morning from Havelock Island to return by 5 pm in the evening, if you look forward to clicking awesome pictures with a scenic view at the backdrop.
- The perfect fishing spots in the Andamans are Neil Island and Havelock Island.
- The fishing community of the Islands strictly adhere to catch and release policy. The entire ecosystem should not be harmed because of a sport. By cooperating to the community, you derive a sense of happiness by not disturbing the natural ecosystem at the cost of fishing.
- Note that all guests are requested to wear life jackets during the entire trip. Additional food or beverages can be taken as per requirements. A container is present on board to keep your belongings.
A sport combining the sense of adventure and surprise and what’s a better place to fish and angle than the deep and enticing seas of Andamans. Andamans, home to fishes of various species that are known to sometimes exceed 110 lbs in weight and 4 meters in length, which is hard to find anywhere else.
Where in Andamans
- The tropical islands located off the coast of Neil Island, Havelock Island, Richie’s archipelago and Long Island provide the apt fishing grounds with great catches and never cease to amaze enthusiasts.
- Andaman Island is a noteworthy destination for game fishing, where you can find so many fishing spots such as Ruth Land, Cinque Island, the islands come around Havelock is an ideal place for game fishing.
- Monster Fishing and Surmai Fishing club offer sport fishing from Havelock and Port Blair. Big boats and small boats are available for game fishing.