Hotels & Resorts in Mayabunder Island
A Brief Overview Of Mayabunder Island
Surrounded by cascading landscape of the vast ocean and cyanic clear skies, Mayabunder Island in Andaman and Nicobar islands is a sight for sore eyes. With a rich historical past and its remnants still in place, this island is well known for a variety of unique sightseeing spots which include pristine beaches, lush forest terrain, tribal people and abundantly planted mangrove and coconut trees. Also, Mayabunder island is the only place in India having a turtle nesting ground which attracts hordes of tourists to experience this spectacular natural phenomenon.
Embraced all over by miles of sea, the Andaman and Nicobar islands is India’s most offbeat destination. It housesMayabunder island, which is located in the north part of the Middle Andaman. It is easily reachable from Port Blair, and various modes of transport are available for the same. The sightseeing spots in Mayabunder island are covered within a land expanse area of 1348 square kilometres, and many tours and packages are available online for all types of travellers.
Embraced all over by miles of sea, the Andaman and Nicobar islands is India’s most offbeat destination. It houses Mayabunder island, which is located in the north part of the Middle Andaman. It is easily reachable from Port Blair, and various modes of transport are available for the same. The sightseeing spots in Mayabunder island are covered within a land expanse area of 1348 square kilometres, and many tours and packages are available online for all types of travellers.
Mayabunder island has a culture that was settled in the British colonial period, which included immigrants from Myanmar and ex-convicts from mainland India. The Burmese tribes are still stationed there which you can witness if lucky on your way to Mayabunder island from Port Blair by road. In addition to these, holiday-goers can spot the engulfing beauty of the islands by visiting Karmatang beach, Ray hills, Interview island, Austin X beach and Avis island to name a few must-visit spots to visit in Mayabunder island.
Housing beautiful small eco-guest houses, Mayabunder island is an eco-friendly tehsil made up of little villages. The rather less tech-savvy locals follow environmentally friendly practices houses a population of around 24000 people and is spread across 8 gram panchayats and nearly 70 villages. The inhabitants of this island are tourist-friendly and overall helpful.
Importance of choosing the perfect hotel for a holiday at Mayabunder Island
The type of accommodation you choose while on holiday can be quite a daunting experience. The available options are endless, and various factors such as location, budget, star value and reviews come into place. Choosing the right hotel in Mayabunder is not difficult given some research, and keeping some pivotal points in mind.
Points to Consider when Choosing a Hotel when on Holiday
- Location – Where the hotel is located plays an important role when shortlisting the hotels you wish to stay at. If you have a clear picture on the activities you wish to engage in, the sightseeing spots that you will visit, transfer distance from and to airports and generic views from the hotel, you can decide which hotel to stay at based on its central location.
- Budget – Often the cost of accommodation is directly related to the option picked by vacationers. There are various online portals which allow you to price compare, helping you make a much more informed decision regarding choosing a hotel to stay in Mayabunder island.
- Reviews– Many travellers write reviews on the hotel’s website as well as other e-commerce travel portals to help aspiring holiday-goers make the right call. These are real-time reviews and based on personal experiences which ends up making the decision for you. Recent reviews are always the best to refer to.
- Discounts – A large number of hotels offer loyalty points and seasonal discounts to boost their business. Ensure that you check for such options before making a final booking. When staying in a posh hotel for a fraction of the price is an option, why let it go to waste?
Top Hotels in Mayabunder Island
Mayabunder island is a hot spot for tourists looking to engage in offbeat and one-of-a-kind experiences. Naturally a destination of such wanderers making their way there, the hotels need to be up to the mark. Let us take a look at some of the top hotels in Mayabunder island that you should definitely consider when on your trip.
1. Sea N Sand – This is a beautiful owner-run hotel that has a large number of facilities and amenities for its patrons. The rooms are traditionally designed with bright décor and have large fenestrations offering stunning views of the outer landscape. The multi-cuisine restaurant has excellent service, and the owners help with sightseeing options as well.
2. Blue Bird resort – Located near Mangrove park, this is an OYO run hotel which ensures a certain standard of comfort and cost. Its economical price range starts from Rs.1000 per room per night and can be upscaled as required. A complimentary breakfast is served at the hotel’s contemporarily designed restaurant.
3. Hotel Aashna – Also in collaboration with OYO, hotel Aashna is an air-conditioned hotel offering a great value for money to its patrons. It has bright and comfortable linen bedding along with solid wood furniture and an en-suite. The diner in the hotel serves all types of eclectic cuisine, and the servers assist you quickly and with a smile on their faces.
4. RG Hotel – A luxe hotel in Mayabunder island offering a fleet of premium facilities, Hotel RG is the one to watch out for when on holiday on this glorious island. With leather strapped interiors laced with glass fenestrations, patrons are promised a touch of the modern world amidst the raw landscape outside. The restaurant serves continental as well as Indian cuisine along with tidbits from the rest of the world. An affordable price tag of Rs. 1500 per room per night makes it a top choice amidst travellers.
5. Hotel Landfall – King sized beds, ceiling height cupboards, an easy chair and an en-suite makes hotel Landfall the one to watch out for when visiting MayabunderIsland. Power back up facility ensures smooth function even during electrical failure while high-end toiletries make for a comfortable living. The restaurant serves continental as well as Indian breakfast with the latter being complimentary with your reservation. Starting at Rs. 1999 per room per night, hotel Landfall makes for a budget-friendly and luxurious accommodation in Mayabunder island.