Karmatang Beach in Mayabunder island
A Brief Overview of Mayabunder Island
Those who want to feed their wanderlust desire, a visit to the Mayabunder Island Andaman and Nicobar is a must. It is a low-key destination with lesser tourist spots in comparison to the other neighbouring islands. Small but unbelievably beautiful Mayabunder Island Andamanboasts of pristine beaches, gorgeous mangroves, and lovely isles to visit and experience the solitude amidst the chaos.
At Mayabunder Island Andaman, one immediately feels ethereal and belonging to the place.
Mayabunder Island Andaman and Nicobar are in the northern part of the middle Andaman Islands. To go to Mayabunder Island, Andaman Islands, one has to travel around 242 km from Port Blair. If one wishes to reach Mayabunder Island Andaman Islandsfrom Rangat Island, it is at three hours distance.
Mayabunder Islands Andaman is known to be home to the former Burmese tribes called Karen. The Karen tribe is a lesser-known tribal community. They were made to shift to India from Burma, now Myanmar, for the first time in 1925 by the Britishers as forest labourers. These tribes served as the logging laborers to the British during the British colonial period. Since November 7, 2004, the Karen tribe decided to settle down as independent Indian citizens in the Mayabunder tehsil of North Andaman in India.
Although Mayabunder is the administrative headquarters of the North and Middle Andaman territory, it is ridiculously small with non-existent tourist infrastructure.
The Karens or locals of Mayabunder Islands Andaman and Nicobar mostly speak English, Bengali, and Hindi in addition to their own Karen language. They follow Christianity as religion. The Karens are fun-loving people who love the outdoor life and are very satisfied in all the ways of life.
Major tourist highlights
Once here, a tourist often wonders about things to do at Mayabunder islands Andaman. Mayabunder Island Andaman offers an array of the following top sightseeing places –
1. The Karmatang Beach Mayabunder is famous as a nesting ground for turtles and a sandy white beach. It is the most attractive beaches in Mayabunder Island Andaman.
2. The Avis Island Mayabunder Island Andaman Islands is a beautiful, calm, crystal-clear water that invites one to walk in it and see the fish playing in the water and the colourful corals. Though uninhabited, it is well known for its coconut plantation.
3. Rampur Beach Mayabunder Island is famous for mangrove forests fringed shoreline.
4. The Interview Island at Mayabunder Island Andaman Islands is renowned for its several new water sources. It has a cave on the western coast from which a thick stream freshwater gushes out, making it an astonishing sight. It is home to Feral elephants, which were brought here by the British Timber company and are still living on the island.
It is home to Feral elephants, which were brought here by the British Timber company and are still living on the island.
5. Mayabunder Island water sports have many activities like scuba diving, snorkelling, sea walk, parasailing, game fishing, jet-skiing, glass-bottom boat, semi-submarine, banana ride, sofa ride, kayaking, and sailboats. Have loads of fun with water and an unforgettable experience at Mayabunder islands Andaman.
6. Ray Hills Mayabunder island, is a pride of Mayabunder Islands Andaman because of its successful eco-village project by the Andaman and Nicobar Islands Forest and Plantation Development Corporation Ltd. This eco-village is a sanctum of virgin woods embellished with small freshwater rivulets. It is famous for adventure sports, photography, and scenic solitary villages
7. Austin X beach Mayabunder Island Andaman Islands is famous for adventure sports, mangrove forests, spotted dears, shallow little beach for picnic and trekking, and photography.
8. German Jetty Mayabunder island is the remains of an old harbor. It has got its name from a German engineer who built it during the Second World War.
Top beaches in the Mayabander Islands
Undoubtedly, Andaman has some of the most striking beaches with crystal clear cool blue waters shimmering smooth sands small pretty cottage and huts beautiful man grow forests hey palm and palm trees and exciting water sports. Some of the best beaches in Andaman, as well as the most stunning beaches to visit, are the Wandoor beach, the Radhanagar beach at Havelock, the Vijayanagar beach, and the Sitapur beach at Neil Islands. One can also visit Lalaji Bay Beach at Long Island, beaches at Rangat Islands, Avis island beach Mayabunder island, Karmatang Beach Mayabunder, Ross Island Beach Andaman, and many more.
From among the string of mind-blowing best beaches in Andaman, let us have a closer look at the Karmatang Beach Mayabunder island.
Karmatang Beach at the Mayabunder Island Andamans
How to visit Karmatang Beach Mayabunder
Karmatang Beach – the most attractive beach of Mayabunder island Andaman is located around 20 km away from Mayabunder. One can hire a private jeep from Danapur junction, Mayabunder, and take a 30-minutes ride to one of the best beaches of Mayabunder, the Karmatang Beach.
Karmatang Beach is also well-connected by Port Blair via road with a distance between them being 240 km. Port Blair is the nearest city to the beach. Ships, ferries, and STS buses can be sought out from Port Blair to Mayabunder at regular intervals. The beach Karmatang can be visited using the Grand Andaman Trunk Road directly from Port Blair.
The Karmatang Beach Experience
Karmatang Beach Mayabunder is a gorgeous beach, with its long stretch of grey volcanic sand and shallow waters. The beach is hand-picked for travelers looking for a near nature experience away from the tourist crowds. If one has a stay booked for a longer duration, then a visit to the secluded islands nearby could be worth every penny as they offer some fantastic jungle experiences, trekking, and picnic experiences, and a lot of mind-boggling water sports opportunities.
The Karmatang Beach Mayabunder is an ideal beach for spending a lazy leisure day and tranquil soak in water for that much-needed peace of mind. The beach has a good layout of treehouses, eco-friendly shades, and eco-friendly furniture for the forest department Andaman’s use of visitors. The beach is lined by a beautiful coconut plantation, granting it a dramatically scenic look.
The Karmatang Beach, which is considered the ‘Turtle capital of India,’ is a turtle nesting ground for the famous ‘The Olive Ridley Turtles’ and the ‘Andaman Green Turtles.’ One can witness turtle nesting on this beach from December to February.
Things to do at Karmatang Beach Mayabunder
Karmatang Beach Mayabunderis a perfect honeymoon destination for couples who wish to spend romantic moments with each other. The beach offers enough privacy to such tourists. There is good availability of several hotels and guest houses for small weekend getaways at the beach. Also, one can find a few hotels & resorts at Mayabunder Island Andaman Islands for a comfortable and luxurious stay.
The Karmatang Beach Mayabunder also offers other tourist attractions –
- Farm for the Turtle Nesting: The beach is famous for its turtle nesting farm, which is equipped with a visitor’s complex.
- Boating: The beach offers a steamer boat ride from Mayabunder to Karmatang Beach, which is a must-do activity for every tourist. The steamer passes through the dense and enticing mangrove brooks that offers a most spectacular view worth capturing.
- Party at the Beach: The pristine beach invites for small get-togethers or beach parties. There are several small resting huts available for the visitors to relax or sit during a sunny or rainy day.
- Adventure sports and research activities: Karmatang Beach offers several adventure sports and activities like scuba diving, swimming, snorkeling, paragliding, boat rides, and so on. This beautiful beach also attracts several zoologists and marine life enthusiasts from all over the world for exploration or research work.
Indulge in the life’s purest pleasure of sitting in crystal clear blue water surrounded by fishes and corals and seeing yourself truly in the lap of nature only at the Karmatang Beach Mayabunder Island Andaman.