Posted By : andaman-travels
The first thing that comes to your mind when you think of Andaman and Nicobar Islands is a pristine, sun-kissed, luxurious, and tranquil holiday with your loved ones, especially for people who are looking for serenity and peace.
Location of Rangat Island:
Rangat Island is an eco-tourism destination and is the second largest in the Andaman Islands, covering almost 75 small villages with people from Tamil Nadu and Kerala. With an enthralling flora and fauna and abundant opportunities to relax, meditate, swim, and sunbathe, Rangat Island is a unique place with scenic waterfalls, freshwater streams and beaches giving a panoramic view of mangroves and adjacent forests and hills.
Culture of Rangat Island:
There are many things to do in Rangat Island. You have to be in love with the gusty breezy winds and the crusty sea waves to be a tourist at Rangat island and it is crucial to pre-decide where to stay in Rangat island so that all the things one plans to do should be nearby. With lush vegetation and clear skies, the middle Andaman island is an ideal destination for long relaxing vacationers who look forward to making beautiful, unforgettable memories and indulging in entertaining and fun-filled activities like visiting the eco hut and witnessing turtle breeding and nesting of turtles at the sanctuary.
Attractions at Rangat Island:
Top tourist attractions in Rangat island are Cuthbert Bay Beach and the Panchvati hills, which are famous for their waterfalls, scenic beauty, agriculture, and mesmerizing nature. One can feast the eyes on the breath-taking nature and its gifts, appreciating the sprawling agricultural fields and admiring the natural process of breeding and nesting of turtles. Another place to visit is Amkunj Beach, which is a photographer’s delight. The beach provides an enriching experience of vivid colors and the freshness surrounding the rocky beach. The view from the watchtower is of amazing beauty and tranquillity, and one can be drowned in the admiration of the natural scenic glam offered by this place. The island is famous for the dolphins that frequently visit and entertain tourists. The mangrove forest surrounding the island is a must-visit while at Rangat Island. One can also visit the Merk Bay Beach on North Passage island, take a trip to the guitar island, or visit the famous Lalaji Beach.
The walkway at Dhani Nallah Mangrove Nature is one of its kind giving an amazing experience of the mangroves, nesting of turtles. It is one of the scintillating places which has turned out to be a crowd puller. One can also visit Moorys Dare for trekking, Yerrata Mangrove park, and Yerrata creek to admire the natural environment and surroundings of the eco-friendly island. The island’s proximity with Baratang island and Havelock island creates many options for where to stay in Rangat island and various entertainment and recreation for tourists.
Some of the other things to do at Rangat Island are trekking, observing the massive agricultural layout, and admiring the waterfalls, beachcombing, sunbathing, snorkeling, scuba diving, and much more.
Importance and elements of choosing the best place to stay during a vacation:
Several factors can affect the decision to select the most suitable option while vacationing at Rangat island:
Budget: Many people prefer a luxurious stay while many others look for a budgeted hotel and spend the money saved on exploring the place better. Both options should be provided to a tourist, and Rangat Island comprises the most lavish, decent, and budgeted hotels.
Amenities: Facilities like a swimming pool, free breakfast, spa and laundry, children’s play area, and free wifi are among the many facilities which are provided by hotels as complementary.
Location: It is important to choose an accommodation which is near to the city, airport or station and to the recreational sports of the island. Tourists would not prefer to spend on transport to travel from the hotel to tourist attractions, so the location which has a positive and a tranquil ambiance is one of the most critical parameters to choose the best hotel.
Best Resorts in Rangat Island
Some of the best and most luxurious resorts and properties in Rangat Island are:
- Hotel Ross and Smith – This luxurious hotel is in middle Andaman with modern interiors and luscious exteriors and amenities. It’s a brand-new property comprising of 21 rooms, 14 double bed AC rooms and 7 triple bed AC rooms. It is a value for money resort located close to the beach. With spacious and well-kept rooms and suites, inhouse spa and other modern amenities and with innumerable close-by attractions, this is quite a hit in Rangat Island.
- Hotel UK West – Located at 1 km from Rangat bust stand. The hotel which is in Port Blair is 9 km from the Rangat Jetty and 166 km from the Veer Savarkar International Airport. This English style hotel exhibiting the ancient culture and the comfortable luxury of the Golden era of India, is quite an eye-catcher. Quite reasonable as compared to our luxurious resorts, this hotel gives the comfort of modern and easily accessible amenities and is very close to most of the adventurous and recreational activities that one can indulge in while at Rangat Island.
- Hotel Avis – This is another luxonic property which is quite close to the recreational centres of the city and offers a great customer experience. This is a perfect combination of charm, placidity and convenience. Well knows for the impeccable customer service provided by the staff of the hotel, it has garnered great customer reviews and feedback. The hotel is enroute to many exotic and adventurous tourist sports of Rangat Island.
- Hotel Priya International – Located at one of the most renowned locales, offers a luxurious stay for families in Sabari which with a breath-taking view and ambience. This hotel is well known for entertainment for children and sumptuous food. This hotel is also the best choice if the tourist wants to break his journey from Port Blair to North Andaman.
- Hotel Laxmi Villa – This hotel is located in Port Blair which is 1 km away from Rangat. The locations I quite accessible with beautiful surroundings. Not a very expensive stay at Rangat Island, but it provides a reasonable stay and basic amenities. This is also one of the most booked hotels in Rangat Islands.
Besides the above, one can explore other homestays, hotels, and apartments which fit the budget well.
Once in Rangat island, when holidaying with family or friends one tends to look for luxury, admiring the awesome amenities and stay opportunities. If budget is a priority, then Rangat island offers a myriad of various homestays and cottages. One can book a high-end resort which caters to the enticing and lavish style of accommodation or a budget stay to enjoy the adventures and sight-seeing of Rangat Island.